Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 2 medium aubergines
- 200g tomatoes (peeled normal size or slow roasted cherry size)
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 small/medium red onion
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (or a bit less ground cumin)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 + 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh herbs (coriander or parsley work well, but any other herbs you like will do)
- 100g goats cheese
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- Heat the oven to 200 C
- Wash the aubergines, rub dry and cut of the stems.
- Half the aubergines length wise and scoop out the flesh with a tea spoon, leave them about 1cm thick
- Drizzle the aubergines with olive oil (1 tbsp) and lay cut side down on a non-stick baking tray, bake for 15-20 minutes until they are al dente
- In the meantime chop up the aubergine flesh you have scooped out, add the chopped tomatoes, minced glove of garlic, de-seeded and finely chopped chilli, grated ginger, finely chopped onion, cumin, lemon juice, 3 tbsp olive oil, finely chopped fresh herbs and season with salt & pepper
- Place the pre-baked aubergine halves and place into a flat oven dish, cut side up. Fill with the mixture and top with crumbled goats cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until browned.