I don’t remember where I got this recipe from but it is a kind of soup that tastes good at any time of the year. It is a light yet hearty dish, which does not require a massive shopping list nor a lot of time to make it.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced (small chunks, maybe 5mm)
- 1 large courgette, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and de-seeded, diced
- 200g canned white haricot beans, drained
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 l vegetable stock
- basil leaves or parsley or chives, finely chopped
Take a large saucepan and heat up the oil. Put down to medium heat and saute the potatoes, onions, carrots and courgettes just until they start to soften (5-7 minutes). Add the tomato puree and cook. The add the beans, pour in the stock, bring to the boil and continue to simmer for about 20 minutes until the potatoes and beans are soft. Now add the tomatoes and herbs and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. It tastes great hot from the hob but can also be prepared hours in advance.