This is a nice, simple and fresh salad to break through the monotony of all those stews that become a staple this time of year. To be honest you can add whatever you have knocking about your fridge to this. Spinach leaves are a great addition as are thinly sliced green or red peppers, cold left-over chicken breast would work, as would a bit of shredded roast beef from the Sunday roast.
- 200g fresh raw prawns cooked off in a pan with a touch of oil.
- 3 nests medium egg noodles
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 bunch of spring onions thinly sliced diagonally
- ½ large cucumber cut in half length ways, deseeded and cut into thin half-moons.
- 1 red chilli , deseeded, finely chopped
- zest and juice 2 limes
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- A generous handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 25g cashews that have been roasted in a dry frying pan for a few mins
- Boil the noodles for 4 mins (or as per packet instructions), then drain. Cool under running water, then drain again. Pop into a large bowl, then using scissors, cut into shorter, more manageable lengths
- Add the onions, carrot, cucumber, chilli and prawns to the bowl and give it a good mix with your fingers
- In a small bowl mix the lime zest, juice and sweet chilli sauce to make a dressing
- When you’re ready to serve, fold the dressing through noodles. In your serving bowls give a generous portion of the noodle mixture sprinkle on the coriander leaves and cashews
- Tuck in!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4
Photos were a disaster for this one…rather than detract from a nice recipe, I decided to leave them out. When I make this again I’ll have another bash at capturing on camera.